Sunday, June 19, 2005

Building Learning Objects ...

For those who are new to the idea of learning objects, this will help. Rice University has an online build-it/store-it/share-it repository called Connexions. The idea behind the project is to provide a space where individuals and groups can create and maintain ‘modules’ for others to use in their courses.

The reason that I am sharing this resource here is that after learning and using this resource I believe it represents where higher education (in particular) is heading with online instructional design. You can create a free account and immediately start building modules. Modules are the building blocks for courses. The idea is that “less is more.”

In order to be productive, you will need an XML editor. The site recommends the FREE version from Altova called Authentic. If anyone is interested in learning more or collaborating on building a few modules, create your free account and contact a colleague to coordinate your information sharing.

cost – free
site – Connexions

David

Cith this blog entry:
Penrose, David M. (2005, June 19). Building Learning Objects. Message posted to
http://idxchange.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous MEM said...

Hello,

Had to write to let you know that I found your site very useful to me. Could you please tell me how I could find out more? I�d love it if I could get an RSS feed from your site to mine. Is this possible?

Thanks,
earn r online money

3:34 PM  
Anonymous build a house said...

Looking for US.... If you are like me it seems like there is never enough time in the day.. You get home late and leave early.. then the weekends thats another story by itself. My wife has found it easier to hire somebody if you we need help with build a house. She fond a great site for build a house at http://build444.com and wanted to share it with you.. Im glad to find help when I need it.. I hope you have great luck remodeling your home...

8:14 PM  
Anonymous build a house said...

Remodeling and Home Improvements. YEAH.. If you are like me it seems like there is never enough time in the day.. You get home late and leave early.. then the weekends thats another story by itself. My wife has found it easier to hire somebody if you we need help with build a house. She fond a great site for build a house at http://build444.com and wanted to share it with you.. Im glad to find help when I need it.. I hope you have great luck remodeling your home...

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home